Ground Source Heat Pumps
GES Mechanical are a Micro-Generation Certificate Scheme (MCS) accredited company and can provide you with a heat pump for every application in your home or your place of work.
The earth has the natural ability to soak up and store heat from the sun’s rays and you’ll also find heat within the earth itself. Dig a few metres down in the UK and you could come across temperatures in the region of 8°c to 10°c.
A ground source heat pump uses a loop of pipes which are buried in your land to extract the heat from the ground. The system’s heat pump is used to raise the temperature to the desired level. This heat is then transferred to your radiators, underfloor or warm air heating systems. It could also heat your hot water up to 60°c.
The process is very similar to that used to cool a fridge, the pump is made up of an evaporator, a compressor and a condenser. Whether you’ll need a back-up heating system for additional energy or water heating will be influenced by the heating needs of your home or workplace.
You will need an electricity supply to provide power to the pump which circulates the liquid in the loop. However, for every unit of electricity used by the pump, you receive between two and four units of heat which makes this a very efficient way to heat a building.
Key Benefits of Ground Source Heat Pumps
– Could lower your fuel bills, especially if you replace conventional electric heating, LPG or oil.
– Could provide you with an income through the government’s Renewable Heat Incentive (commercial or domestic) scheme.
– Could lower your home’s carbon emissions, depending on which fuel you are replacing.
– No need for inconvenient fuel deliveries.
– Provides heat and hot water to your home.
– Need little maintenance. They’re often called ‘fit and forget’ technology.
If you are considering a ground source heat pump system for your home or place of work, be it on a new build or retrofit, get in touch with us today and we’ll put you on the right path.
Call the Green Team on 01302 876194 or phone 07930 337484 for a free, no obligation site survey and quote.